Calyx Sustainable Tourism works with tourism businesses – both existing and in the conceptual stage – as well as communities, businesses, and economic development groups to make tourism development and practices more sustainable.
Successful tourism arises from strategies that reflect our own values; respect, economic vitality, asset protection, beauty, authenticity, experiential exploration, and legacy.
- Project and Program Development: specializing in niche, high revenue producing tourism development such as agriculinary, nature interpretation, wildlife, wine tourism, arts/nature interface
- Destination Tourism Development: itinerary development, amenities, gap analysis, trails, and links to microenterprise development
- Asset Inventory and Gap-Opportunity Analysis with a special focus on lesser known “hidden” assets
- Sustainability Training: Calyx has extensive experience in training and developing teaching organizations
- Building operational strategies for lodging and conference centers
- Partnership Cultivation
- Business Coaching
- Marketing Strategies, including storytelling
- Copy Editing for effective communication of sustainable messaging
Heidi Siegelbaum and Steve Gersman are principals at Calyx Sustainable Tourism. They come from a rich and diverse background of tourism, business, legal, culinary, hotel and environmental experience, and are passionate about making sustainable tourism successful for all communities in which tourism occurs.